Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 6 months ago

Would you agree to pay each Black person 200,000 dollars tax-free as reparations for slavery?

ONLY IF THEY CAN PROVE THEY ACTUALLY SUFFERED FROM SLAVEY

Not just "no" but, HELL NO! Tell us what N'egroes of today did to deserve it.

The wording of the question is silly. Assume there are 40 million blacks in the country(USA). I personally do not have 40,000,000 times $200,000 which is about a thousand billion dollars.. I would be amenable to our politicians paying each Black person $200,000 out of their own pockets. We all know how good they are spending other people's money. They shouldn't have any problem spending their own.

heck no. it’s their ancestors who suffered, not them. and what did i have to do with it? we don’t owe a thing to people today who weren’t slaves (regarding slavery, we might owe to them for other forms of racism they suffer today, but for slavery absolutely not)

I would pay reparations for slavery if black people would leave the USA

Absolutely why not? All white people are racist anyways. (Sarcasm)

• Landin6 months agoReport

Who knows I'd slavery even existed I've never seen it with my own eyes maybe my life is just a big conspiracy

Perhaps half that and held in trust for minors so their parents cannot smoke it up in the form of crack before they reach adulthood. Half that is still more than most White persons ever save at any one point in their lifetime, or ever have all at one time.

ONLY... THAT'S ONLY if the Black Person Being Paid was a ACTUAL SLAVE and lived on a Plantation.. Other wise NO...

I did not and have not ever owned a slave so why should I be forced to pay for something I had nothing to do with....

• Dale-E

If this were not pure Democrat race baiting, we should hear of reparations for Chinese and Micks.

• Al

Slavery has occurred since the beginning of history, to build structures of Egyptian kings, to be servants to self entitled elites in history, even in China..... essentially slavery hasn't stopped, it has found a new avenue through monetary policy by using a system of debt and taxation.... the enslavement of blacks was wrong as it was as well with other civilizations who practiced this, no form of monetary payment can alleviate the pain and suffering caused by it, the best reparation is to understand what drives people to this behavior and collectively change it by action and example, Martin Luther King Jr. is a great example in his speech, we need to walk hand in hand moving forward as one united human race under God.....by the content of our character, not the color of our skin..... the best reparation is forgiveness.

I could go for it to any African American who will renounce US citizenship and 'return' to west Africa permanently, and promise never to return to the USA. And we could also pay for a one way plane ticket to west Africa. That would be a fair exchange. And we could include a deep apology for bringing their ancestors to the USA in the first place. That is only fair. Let's correct the previous injustice totally and all the way. Let's do it.

• Jaquez6 months agoReport

Anyone who's not Native needs to go home.