Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

Would you marry a divorcee?

It can be risky to get involved and marry a divorcee female. She might have collected alimony from her previous marriage(s) and might do the same to the next man.

Would you ever risk marrying a divorcee?

Favorite Answer

Nah I wouldn’t EVER marry a divorcee. EVER.

Too many fish in the sea for me, I can do better than that. I wouldn’t ever risk 50% of my assets to a woman who couldn’t get it right the first time.

However in the unlikely event that I somehow couldn’t get classy girls anymore, or if I felt like a particular woman who was a divorcee was the woman of my dreams, I’d STILL only date/potentially marry her on TWO CONDITIONS...

1) she signs a prenup before we start planning the wedding at all

2) I get to talk to her ex husband and find out FROM HIM, who initiated the divorce, and why. I’d hear both sides of the story and figure out if she sounds like someone I can trust in marriage.

If she refuses- or refuses and acts offended by- either of those 2 conditions... I walk away. No questions asked

I’m happily married to an amazing wife who’s been loyal, classy and good to me right now. Stereotypes might offend people who are “the exception to the rule”... but honestly stereotypes protect you

• Common Sense

You are already married and in the event of your own divorce, you are then the damaged goods you would avoid yourself. Interesting.

I did - but had she had kids I don't think I would have.

Sexist nonsence.

I cant see why not

No, I will never divorced men.

People do it all the time, why do you think people go through 5 marriages in a lifetime?

• Snoopy

I think the idea of marriage is attractive and romantic in general but in reality things are very different and I think in some places it's best to stay single. You don't know the other person's past. The last guy I dated was divorced and he wasn't who he said he was. I wanted romance initially but after 7 years of rejection I grew out of it. I noticed I particularly get like that. When a man mentions another woman I just think there's something wrong in their brain. They view themselves as attractive though. It's a cultural thing. Some people find themselves attractive among themselves but bystanders maybe find it odd. People have different tastes and interests. I think rejecting someone you initially seduced is just 'odd'. It is obvious a rejection will have the opposite effect at some stage. Besides rejecting someone means you don't love the person but putting yourself and your own feelings first. I think hurting others is odd too.

Don’t marry her if you don’t trust her. Marriage is based on mutual trust so if you can’t trust her than you shouldn’t be considering it. Ask yourself if she’s proven to be trustworthy in any way? Has she proven that she cares about you? Has she proven her love for you is real? Is she genuine and sincere? Talk to her ex don’t be afraid to do your research and investigations to get the truth.

• Snoopy

They don't let you speak with their exes or friends. The guy I liked said he didn't like being questioned about it. And I respected that. Dumb me. It's why he was mocking me all the time.

• BOBBER

Sure would, we all have a past.good bad or ugly.

• Rick

If you're concerned about this have her sign a prenup. I'd marry one because I'm sure she learned a lot about herself from the last marriage.

No, my wife says I can't, I asked her.