Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 5 months ago

Favorite baseball player of all-time and why?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Matt Carpenter because he is one of the best Cardinal players of all time in baseball history

• 5 months ago

Willie Mays He had it all * BATTING,SUPER FIELDER,GREAT AT STEALING BASES ! The "Say Hey Kid"

• 5 months ago

Roberto Clemente. He was the best player on the team I grew up watching. He could hit for power and average, had a cannon for an arm, and to this day he was the most graceful runner I've ever seen in baseball.

• 5 months ago

David Ortiz has brought so much joy to my life, but Nomar was love at first sight. I still remember the thrashing he put on Tampa when he hit two slams on his birthday in Fenway. His first game back with Oakland where the crowd gave him a standing ovation was such a tearjerker moment for me.

Honorable mentions go to Big Hurt, Billy Wagner, and Jeff Bagwell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Jim O'toole---a left handed pitcher for the Reds and White sox, in the early 60's----because he's my uncle--

• Ginger
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Favorite baseball player of all-time for me is Will Clark. He was a leader, fearless, passioned, hustled and played the game the right way (despite others cheating and being in the middle of the steroid era). Plus, Will the Thrill had the sweetest swing I ever seen and seem to be clutch in big moments.

_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3LlHfGJjKg

Youtube thumbnail

• David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Harmon Killebrew. Watching my first pro game with Grandpa back in 1964, he hit a monster home run against the Yankees, thus igniting my lifelong passion.

• 5 months ago

Walter Johnson: The man is considered by some to be the greatest pitcher to date. I've read biographies about him, and he was a gentleman on and off the field. He was reported of giving batters a chance to get a hit from time to time if they were in a slump or the opposing team was trailing his team by a wide margin.

• 5 months ago

Mickey Mantle. He was just such a presence on and off the field.

• 5 months ago

Mickey Mantle. He was a great player when I was growing up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.