Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 5 months ago

Favorite baseball player of all-time and why?

Matt Carpenter because he is one of the best Cardinal players of all time in baseball history

Willie Mays He had it all * BATTING,SUPER FIELDER,GREAT AT STEALING BASES ! The "Say Hey Kid"

Roberto Clemente. He was the best player on the team I grew up watching. He could hit for power and average, had a cannon for an arm, and to this day he was the most graceful runner I've ever seen in baseball.

David Ortiz has brought so much joy to my life, but Nomar was love at first sight. I still remember the thrashing he put on Tampa when he hit two slams on his birthday in Fenway. His first game back with Oakland where the crowd gave him a standing ovation was such a tearjerker moment for me.

Honorable mentions go to Big Hurt, Billy Wagner, and Jeff Bagwell.

Jim O'toole---a left handed pitcher for the Reds and White sox, in the early 60's----because he's my uncle--

• Ginger

Favorite baseball player of all-time for me is Will Clark. He was a leader, fearless, passioned, hustled and played the game the right way (despite others cheating and being in the middle of the steroid era). Plus, Will the Thrill had the sweetest swing I ever seen and seem to be clutch in big moments.

_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3LlHfGJjKg

Youtube thumbnail

• David

Harmon Killebrew. Watching my first pro game with Grandpa back in 1964, he hit a monster home run against the Yankees, thus igniting my lifelong passion.

Walter Johnson: The man is considered by some to be the greatest pitcher to date. I've read biographies about him, and he was a gentleman on and off the field. He was reported of giving batters a chance to get a hit from time to time if they were in a slump or the opposing team was trailing his team by a wide margin.

Mickey Mantle. He was just such a presence on and off the field.

Mickey Mantle. He was a great player when I was growing up