Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 6 months ago

Is college still worth it?

I don't feel like college would worth it for me, someone who isn't wealthy or academically inclined. I feel like I would be miserable in a setting like a college, and that I would never make the money back that I would spend on it. However, those around me have been pressuring me to go despite knowing I don't want to go since around the age of 12. I'm 17 now, what should I do instead?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Teal
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no value in getting a degree just to have one, it doesn't open doors like it used to. It would only be worth it if you were genuinely passionate about a specific field of study or had clear career goals in mind. You should get a part time job now if you haven't already. Being employed and having work experience will make it easier to get a full time job after you graduate.

Though if you want an affordable education with good job potential, look in to trade schools.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

University can be of Value if you Pick the Right degree one that will get you a Job

• 6 months ago

Of course it is! And I believe it will always be

• zeno
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

A few might be but it will take a lot of searching

To find one not controlled by looney liberals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

My prediction is that journey level electricians will make almost as much as doctors in 20 years and plumbers won't be much less than that.

• drip
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you are in the USA, go to your local community college. Get a meeting with the admissions office. See what two year career programs they offer. One community college near us offer an program and certificate to drive an 18-wheel truck, a great culinary pastry course and medical billing. See what your CC offers that interests you.

Don’t go on to a four year Bachelor degree if it doesn’t fit you,

• 6 months ago

It depends on what field you want to get into.

• 6 months ago

Seems obvious what you should do given all we know about you. Surprised you had to ask.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You will need college because the way you're writing your paragraph intrigues me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.