What psalms should i read when i feel anxious or sad?

Favorite Answer

Good and uplifting words all throughout, but even the fact that God speaks of overturning the wicked and not preserving evil, provides relief to those who are vexed and grieved by corruption.

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord. -Psalm 31:24, KJV

Before the Lord: for He cometh, for He cometh to judge the earth: He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with His Truth. - Psalm 96:13, KJV

To shew that the Lord is upright: He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. - Psalm 92:15, KJV

For who is God save the Lord? or who is a Rock save our God? - Psalm 18:31, KJV

Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: He preserveth the souls of His saints; He delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked. - Psalm 97:10, KJV

The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed - Psalm 103:6, KJV

And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee: For Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee. - Psalm 9:10, KJV

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. - Psalm 112:7, KJV

The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. - Psalm 145:18, KJV

He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer. - Psalm 102:17, KJV

Blessed is he who considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: - Psalm 41:1-2, KJV

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. - Psalm 10:4, KJV

For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. - Psalm 1:6, KJV

Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not Thy statutes. - Psalm 119:155, KJV

The foolish shall not stand in Thy sight: Thou hatest all workers of iniquity. - Psalm 5:5, KJV

As for God His way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him. - Psalm 18:30, KJV

Lord, who shall abide in Thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in Thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. - Psalm 15:2, KJV

For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with Thee. - Psalm 5:4, KJV

For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; His countenance doth behold the upright. - Psalm 11:7, KJV

Good and upright is the Lord: therefore He will teach sinners in the way. - Psam 25:8, KJV

It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. - Psalm 18:32, KJV

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. - Psalm 138:8, KJV

For the Lord will not cast off His people, neither will He forsake His inheritance. - Psalm 94:14, KJV

But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for Himself: the Lord will heart when I call unto Him. - Psalm 4:3, KJV

The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants: and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate. - Psalm 34:22, KJV

When Thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. - Psalm 27:8, KJV

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. - Psalm 139:23-34, KJV

Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite. - Psalm 147:5, KJV

The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. - Psalm 119:130, KJV

The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. - Psalm 19:8, KJV

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. - Psalm 19:7, KJV

Blessed are Thou, O Lord: teach me Thy statutes. - Psalm 119:12, KJV

Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is Good: lead me into the land of uprightness. - Psalm 143:10, KJV

Through your precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. - Psalm 119:104, KJV

The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever. - Psalm 12:6-7, KJV

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of Thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. - Psalm 19:160, KJV

For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His Truth endureth to all generations. - Psalm 100:5, KJV

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. - Psalm 119:99, KJV

With my whole heart have I sought Thee: O let me not wander from Thy commandments. - Psalm 119:10, KJV

I will delight myself in Thy statutes: I will not forget Thy Word. - Psalm 119:16, KJV

I will delight myself in Thy commandments, which I have loved. - Psalm 119:47, KJV

Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. - Psalm 40:4, KJV

The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. ..The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul. - Psalm 120:5&7

O Lord, Thou hast search me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, Thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down , and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. - Psalm 139:1-4, KJV

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from Thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? - Psalm 139:6-7, KJV

The steps of a GOOD man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. - Psalm 37:23, KJV

Order my steps in Thy Word: and let not an iniquity have dominion over me. - Psalm 119:133, KJV

For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9, KJV

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! - Psalm 139:17, KJV

Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. - Psalm 40:5, KJV

For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. - Psalm 86:5, KJV

The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. - Psalm 34:18, KJV

I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against Thee - Psalm 41:4, KJV

For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. - Psalm 38:18, KJV

For Thy name's sake, O Lord pardon mine iniquity; for it is great. - Psalm 25:11, KJV

Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins. - Psalm 25:18, KJV

Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Thy Name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for Thy Name's sake. - Psalm 79:9, KJV

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to Thy mercy remember Thou me for Thy Goodness' sake, O Lord. - Psalm 25:7, KJV

I acknowledged my sin unto Thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and Thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah - Psalm 32:5, KJV

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us. - Psalm 103:12, KJV

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. - Psalm 32:1-2, KJV

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known thy name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation. - Psalm 91:14-16, KJV

Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth. - Psalm 124:8, KJV

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. - Psalm 73:26, KJV

The Lord is my strength and my song, and is become my salvation. - Psalm 118:14, KJV

Let them praise the name of the Lord: for His name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven. - Psalm 148:13, KJV

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes. - Psalm 118:9, KJV

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. - Psalm 118:8, KJV

Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. - Psalm 60:11, KJV

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from Him cometh my salvation. He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. - Psalm 62:1-2, KJV

Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pur out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Selah - Psalm 62:8, KJV

• Den B7

read all of them

The ones that contain the word "delight".

do you have to read psalms to feel better? have you tried looking up a music video with church hymsn and a quior maybe ?

Alway, always psalm 23.

• Marko8 months agoReport

Any other besides that one?

PSALM 23....................

• Marko8 months agoReport

Thank you
      Any other besides that one?

Try the 23rd Psalm -- The Lord is my shepherd . . .

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Chi girl

Not a Psalm, but I like this verse: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. John 14:27 I suggest making it into an affirmation and putting in on your wall. God be with you.