Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 6 months ago

If a young man in the military wants to marry his pregnant under-age girlfriend, will he be allowed to or be put in prison?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That would be up to state law

Unless the state prosecuted him the military wouldn't give a ****. When I was in A school there were 3 guys with wife's of 16 years of age and 2 were pregnant

• RICK
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

If she was 11 the state/parents would press charges just like I said

• 6 months ago

That would fall under UCMJ guidelines of behavior unbefitting the uniform, as that is technically statutory rape.

Once you turn 18......you are the adult.......they are still a minor.

If the parents wanted to..........they can charge you with statutory rape.

• 6 months ago

You don't want to go there. Carnal relations with an underage minor is against the UCMJ and you leave yourself open to trouble and prosecution from the military as well as from the minor's parents. Secondly is the divorce rate among younger, lower ranking couples is quite high; much higher than what you find in civilian life even and so I would forget about any ideas of marrying this lady and or having that type of relationship with them.

• A C
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Agreed. I was asking for someone else.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It depends on the age of the gf and your age. If she is 16 and the parents allow it and you are 18/19 then it is fine. If she is younger then do NOT marry her at all period! The child should also be given up for adoption. Neither one of you is truly ready for the responsibility of a child and this relationship will not last She also needs to finish high school and nothing more. The parents will most likely fight you on it. She is THEIR child first and foremost.

• A C
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

This is best answer but I already had chosen best answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

If it is proven he impregnated an underage girl, it won't matter if he wants to marry her.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

As long as the court and her parents do not press charges the military will not give a damn

• 6 months ago

If he is guilty of statutory rape he could be looking at jail time.

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Depending on state law, he could end up in state prison. Maybe even as a pedophile..

• Biff
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It depends if he lives in a state where child marriage is still permitted.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Its permitted in almost every state with a court order

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.