Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 6 months ago

I'm new to kickboxing, and I'd like to clarify something. In my stance, I keep my back straight and shoulders hight to protect my chin.?

I'm new to kickboxing, and I'd like to clarify something. In my stance, I keep my back straight and shoulders hight to protect my chin. Can this be considered as a proper form?

Somewhat and if you bend forward then you don't want to hunch over but instead bend at the waist and then you should not bend very far nor all the time. Instead in most cases you want to instead bend at the knees if you want to lower your head really. Also your stance should be a boxers stance with your weight and balance slighting on your toes and balls of your feet unless we are talking about K-1 type fighting and then you want a more squarish stance to better check leg kicks to your legs and not making your lead leg so vulnerable to them.

• Noah

When your up close but when your farther away you can stay relaxed and when you can lower them to bait your opponent.

No, not in this life.....