Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

My mom is clearly embarrassed of me and my life choices what can I say to her to let her know my feelings are hurt?

I was let go from my job last year and have struggled to find a job. She was constantly on me to find one and when I finally found a job at Walmart now she’s embarrassed to tell people I work there. She feels that she should have a child who is doing something for higher pay because all her friends kids are doing well. I have struggled in the past with not comparing myself to others because I was getting depressed. I have accomplished a lot in the past ten years and been grateful for what I do have but she’s just **** on me. I don’t know what to say to her to get her to understand it.

• kim

Just give old mom a hug, smile and say I love you. She isn't so bad honey and in the end, she will want your love and company. I mean as she ages. Let her have her silly opinions, and put your insecurities aside. Moms can innocently be insensitive but really no one could love you more. Just remember that!

• Foofa

It's probably time to meet with a career counselor to find some direction in how to get a decent job. Walmart isn't a career and if that's all you're capable of doing you'll need to get yourself a better education or more training so that someday you can earn a living wage (or better yet a salary).

Remind her she is responsible for 50% of your genetic makeup.

If you are having a hard time communicating your feelings to your mother I would try to write her a letter. Be honest and specific, detailed. Don't leave anything out.

I find it easier to communicate with others by writing. I do it a lot. It helps me to say things without leaving anything out or being misunderstood.

Here is the absolute truth of the matter:

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I'd die before i even shopped at Walmart!! No

I think Amber needs to stick something long, and hard in her mouth, and swallow what comes out it. Maybe she will STFU after that.

She is a stupid b**ch who has not done anything with her life. I think she is a ho, and she will always be a ho.

OP, don't be like her. She takes off her underwear, and then goes on all 4s outside saying please f**k me. Because I am, so desperate that I need your c*m to all the males she sees.

Anyway if you don't do anything with your life then you will be like Amber.

Try to do something interesting with your life!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I ask from you, and maybe I will see you in my world. :)

If you were my kid then I would want to hide underneath a pebble if you told me I got a job working at walmart.

FYI...I don't work at walmart.

What exactly did you accomplish?

No, you didn't accomplish anything. Were you playing video games, watching tv, playing with your private parts, doing drugs, partying, or clubbing, for the past 10 years?

Whatever you been doing was counterproductive, and that's why you are working at walmart.

• Amber6 months agoReport

No, actually this individual accomplished a lot! Soooo, F. U. C. K. Y. O. U! for telling a kid that for one, for two, **** you for telling a person their job doesn't mean ****. Like, really, what the **** would you do if you didn't have someone doing your bidding? You ******* asshole.

Mom's problem that she is embarrassed by your job is her problem, not yours. Your effort to take on that responsibility is your co-dependence on her and to overcome that, you will need to seek professional help.

• kelvin

you save your money from your job and move out

Remove her from your life.