how to make windows 10 look & feel like windows 7?

i still have a windows 7 desktop computer and love it, but the reports ive heard about windows 10 is that it is filled with problems, is uncomfortable to use and looks nothing like windows 7 visually.

i am eventually going to get windows 10 installed on a separate hard drive in this computer, so i have windows 7 and windows 10 dual.

but i just want to know, what are the steps to take, one by one, to make windows 10 look and feel like windows 7 for me when the time comes that i use windows 10?

thanks to all answers who answered trying to help.

• Shay
    Favorite Answer

Windows 8 was filled with problems. Windows 10 is working just fine. Any issues from the original release of Windows 10 was fixed during the first few months of general use with system updates. I would think it would be safe to expect windows 10 to work without issues at this point.

Personally, I just don't like the look of the windows 10 menu either. I preferred the style of previous windows versions. Other than the way the menu looks, the system works the same.

I did find that uninstalling certain programs made my experience better. There are some things that I don't like or knew that I wouldn't use, so I uninstalled those and found free versions of what I did like. For example, windows 10 would always try to open my music with "Groove Music" and I prefer the "Windows Media Player". So, I made sure that I have "Windows Media Player" and uninstalled "Groove Music".

Not able to make window 10 look like as window 7, because this is advanced feature of window 7.

Step by Step instructions can be found here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/277448/how-to-make-windo...

Now, tht said, I was a die hard Win7 fan and did really not wan to install Windows 10. Once I did, I found it to be more intuitive than Windows 7 and with all the updates they have put out, it is no longer problematic. My wife is still on Win7 but I hope to move her to Win10 soon and will, most likely, set up her machine to look like win7 just for her ease of acceptance.

Yeah, I think "Classic Shell" is about as good as you can get........

Unless....you want to Try Zorin, Ubuntu Mate, or Linux Mint?

I tried Ubuntu back in 2008......still using it as my main OS. 11 years now with no windows issues at all. Its been nice-

Just going to be honest with you.... it's been so long since I've used W7, can't even tell you want it's like anymore (just shy of 4 years). There are some great features of W10 like having bitlocker inherently part of the system (pro version), SUPER easy VPN setup (great if you need to us different client VPNs), no more conflicts between VPNs, voice command, much better clipboard, snip doesn't overwrite....

If you want W10 to have the same W7 file explorer, you can create that (or something similar).

5+ years ago I had W7 & W8 with dual boot. It was not good.

I've been using Windows 10 for years, and I am not a power user. It is definitely more secure, which is a big deal, actually. You can change the Start menu to use one of the older Windows types by downloading a simple and free piece of software. System Restore is harder in Win 10, but there are lots of tutorials on YouTube that explain everything.

Win 10 has run into snarls with updates - not everyone's computers accepts the updates for various reasons, but the two biggest problems last year were eliminated.

Download "Classic Shell" and use that to give you the 'feel' of windows 7.

I....think....it still works. The developer stopped updating it about 2 years ago.