What does breast tenderness feel like before missed period (TTC) even before a test?

Has anyone experienced breast pain as a “symptom” even before missing their period?

I tend to have pain in just one breast then it alternates to the other but is on and off.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

I may be the exception to the rule, but yes! I had breast tenderness before I missed my period. It was different. Showering or putting on a bra was painful as heck, and that was abnormal for me. It was about five days before I missed my period that this started, and I got my positive a few days later. I now have a four year old sitting next to me watching Paw Patrol. Good luck & baby dust! :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Until your hcg levels (pregnancy hormone) is high enough you wont get any pregnancy symptoms and the hcg levels wont be there or start to rise until after a late period and even then it is usually at least 6 weeks into pregnancy - if you are ttc you will imagine all types of false symptoms before periods and I had them all as it took me almost 3 years of ttc, Good Luck

• 8 months ago

That's a sign of PMS.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Pretty much the same as painful breasts during PMS, only maybe worse. With baby #1 I felt like I had PMS on steroids in the days before my expected period, and it was so intense I was going to be p*ssed if I *wasn't* pregnant. After baby #1 I stopped getting breast tenderness during PMS, but I felt it again when pregnant with baby #2. A lot.

I'm very sensitive to hormonal shifts, though. It's important to remember that not all pregnant women experience all symptoms, and some are basically asymptomatic (some even have bleeding around their expected period date so not even a missed period can be counted on as a reliable sign!). What you should really look for is the positive test. Over 90% of women who are pregnant will see a positive on a HPT by 14dpo using a sensitive brand of test, like FRER.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Breast tenderness during early pregnancy doesn't feel any different than breast tenderness caused by any other reason.

There are no reliable pregnancy symptoms until you get a positive test. ALL possible early pregnancy signs can and do happen for OTHER reasons.

I know you are anxious and excited and really want to know - but the simple fact is that there are no certain warning signs or symptoms that guarantee you have been successful until you get that positive test.

Good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.