Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 6 months ago

Should I let my daughter take a taxi to school everyday?

My daughter is going to be a freshman in a few months. She is at that age where she is not old enough to drive but am too embarrassed for me to drive her to school. We also live in the middle of nowhere and the buses only run once in a few hours. Should I pay for her to uber back and forth to school everyday. It's about 30 dollars round trip.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

no she should walk

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Ha ha ha. No. Drop her off new the school and she can walk the remainder of the way with her dignity intact.

• alexis
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Just take her to school. Christ.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

its not worth the money, just drop her off a few streets away from the school then let her walk from there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I was on the swim team in high school so i was always in season to be at school 5 am. My dad used to drop my sister a block away from school around 830 in the morning and she can walk the rest of the way.

• Alisyn
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

If she's too embarrassed, why not drop her off on the block before her school? Then she just has to walk up to the building. Itd prolly be safer and would save you a lot of money every week.

• 6 months ago

No. It's a time honored tradition to embarrass your kids when dropping them off and picking them up from school. Why would you want to deny yourself from this. Just make sure you do so one day dressed in your robe and make sure to get out kiss your daughter goodbye so everyone can see at least once a semester! If she ever complains, that is just your cue to follow her into the school building to discuss the matter. If your daughter can't handle the brief embarrassment of being dropped off and picked up from school, she is going to fail at the serious stuff life has ahead of her.

• 6 months ago

It would be a lot cheaper to buy her a bicycle or electric scooter. Just make sure she always wears a helmet and that the ride has a strong lock on it.

• helene
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

$600 a month just to get her to and from school? AS IF.

She can be embarrassed, or walk.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Buy her a bicycle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.