Anonymous

Agree or disagree: If you're nice, people will take advantage of you?

Update:

Like if you're a business and you give out free water, people will always come in for free water or of you give a homeless person a free ride on the bus, why should they ever pay?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best Answer

yes, absolutely, some ppl think you won't say no or will turn into their enabler, setting boundaries is crucial. ppl sadly think kindness is weakness and bad ppl will hone in on it.

• 5 months ago

Depends on person dear .

• 5 months ago

Disagree, if you have "lack of boundaries" people will take advantage of you, but you can be nice and still have boundaries. It is the boundaries that prevent people from taking advantage it has nothing to do with kindness itself.

• Sniper of Goth
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

the more diverse a community, country, district etc, the less niceness pays

• 5 months ago

I agree, I had a friend once who kept asking to borrow money and I gave until he owed me about $120, I finally said no and broke off my friendship with him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

I do not agree with that at all

• 5 months ago

I disagree with that my friend.

• P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Agree

They'll be wanting 20characters minimum

• K8
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Very much disagree.

I am friendly, nice and very kind but do not allow people to take advantage. Learned to navigate "users" decades ago.

I own a business, a brewery with my husband and his brother and wife. I provide help to the local homeless people in my area, never money, and it has not become a problem. If it did I would stop. I give out an occasional soda or bottled water.

• Nicole
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

sometimes agree

• 5 months ago

Disagree.

It is possible to be nice and also cautious about being taken advantage of. There's a difference between being nice and being a fool.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.