Do we need friends in this life?

I want to know about your opinion.

45 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Of course we need friends in this life.

• 5 months ago

Good supportive friends.

I don’t have any but I have a boyfriend. I wish I had one or two friends but it’s hard.

Maybe one day.

• 5 months ago

Of course.Friendship is still as vital to the human spirit as food and water are to the human body. Consider a few reasons.

When we spend too much time alone we tend to become selfish(proverbs 18:1), angry, bitter, lonely and depressed or quiet and reserved to the point where we can't function in day to day normal activities as we should.

When God made Adam he didn't want him to continue alone.(Gen 2:18) He said "It is not good for the man to continue to be alone"

We are created with the desire to be around people and have Friends they help us out when we need a hand, cheer us up when we are down, correct us if we are wrong, and commend us when we are right. (Prob 17:17) Even Jesus had friends.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Humans are social animals.

It is not good for any of us to be alone

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yes. You don’t need a lot just a few or even one really good one.

• I argree I have one great pal over 20 years might not see each other often but we're always there if we need to talk my circle is small but I'm happy with that

• 6 months ago

Of course we do! Your husband/wife is the closest friend you ever get.

In my lifetime, I ve made a lot of friends during my younger times. At school. sports and church. My experience told me that having a lot of friends is kinda useless. Because you wont know them close. What you need is 2 close friends. Yes two persons. If you have only a friend and the person is of the same gender, it makes you look gay to other people.

• 6 months ago

Yes. If you feel you do not need friends, go live in a distant cave.

• 6 months ago

I would say yes, but personally I find it hard to find the time to maintain friendships. I have children and grand children and between that and work I am pretty satisfied and busy. I have friends but I just dont get to spend time with them. Do we NEED them? Sure if we dont have family or a spouse to depend on.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Nah . I’m one of those firm believers that some times you’re better without them

• 6 months ago

I’d say with the population ever increasing, at the moment kids should be limited! I’m not a child person, I much prefer pets. However children are necessary for survival of the human race!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.