Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 6 months ago

Do you got mountains near where you live, you can see from outside your house?

You should get the video on the birth of a volcano.

• Andrew

This area is extremely mountainous, but I happen to live in a bowl-shaped valley in the midst of them. There are a few peaks scattered around here and there, and many are visible in the distance, though few are very prominent. The tallest around is just under 3,000 feet in height, it's roughly a half hour drive from my place, though there are a number of peaks that only rise to about half that height which are basically walking distance from my front door.

• A Hat6 months agoReport

Bit late, but I live in Utah in the Salt Lake Valley, which is about 4,000 feet above sea level, and to be honest, its pretty cool to have a freeway run alongside mountains, and to be able to see mountains at any point in the day.

From this southern California location I can see Mt Wilson, Mt. Baldy, and Saddleback Mountain, as well as the ocean.

No I don't, I live on the Jersey Shore.

Mountains and Ocean

they are called mountains. They are really more like really large hills though; there are some decent mountains in there, but back a bit so too far to see from here. They were once mountains, a very long time ago. Still big enough for skiing but not huge at all. I can't see any from my house because there are too many trees between me and them, but if I go down the road a bit, I can see a few, out across the lowlands, in two different directions (different ranges).

• Carson

Yes, I am surrounded by hills and mountains.

Low hills, and a few that aren't so low.

The nearest real mountains are at least an hour and a half drive away.

• David

Some of the girls around here are built like mountains but otherwise no.

• IOM

Yes, to the South, gorgeous mountains, to the North, the beautiful blue ocean.