Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty ยท 6 months ago

Do you wish you were a member of The British Royal Family?

It must be great. They live these big lives. They are rich and famous. They have all the security in the world to protect them from any bad people and the media, and everything. And they always look so happy. They live in Palaces and Castles. They have all the servants and everything to take care of their every need. And there you are thinking whether you should buy Milk or eggs for tomorrow. They are Royalty. You name it. They got it. Do you wish you were a member of The British Royal Family?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The constant social demands of their position isn't one I envy. One can achieve wealth without also having to be constantly on display.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I sure do hope the british royal family is slaughtered much like France's Royal Family

• Robert5 months agoReport

you Sir are one very sick individual to wish something so heinous on anyone especially our beautiful Princess Anne who does so much charity work. Get some help.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No. Neither did Diana like it. Too much ceremony and away from the actual people.

• 6 months ago

No. Their lives are luxurious, but in many ways, also very restricted. Definitely not for me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I would dearly love to be married to Princess Anne, to be able to kiss her beautiful lips goodnight and good morning every day, and wake up gazing at her incredible beauty and know that she belonged to me, i would never let her out of my sight for a second for fear some other man might try to steal her away.

• Robert5 months agoReport

There would be no bullsh*t, i would be far too busy licking her toes and caressing her silky white thighs, Ahhhhh!

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I would be thoroughly ashamed

• Clo
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Having a life that includes financial stability and security is a plus. But, being the subject of lies, plots, harassment by paparazzi and gossip media, unwarranted public ridicule, should give one pause.

Private security is not fail safe and they don't protect the royals from being photographed or have stories made up and published about them---and having gullible people believe these lies are facts.

Not all royals live the lives that the official royals seem to live. Not all royals live in what one typically thinks of as palaces. For instance, Kensington Palace is a block of apartments. Buckingham Palace has apartments ,offices, official spaces for meetings. Some royals have luxurious tastes, while others live more simply, have jobs that are not connected to the monarchy.

Every occasion is not pomp and circumstance, fun and entertaining. Official working royals need to appear to be interested even when they are bored, and many meetings they take can be "sheer slog" as the late Diana, Princess of Wales once said.

Those royals who do have servants must worry about the workers' discretion--will these people be honorable and keep confidences, or will they talk to the gossip press and help make up stories? Many rumors may start out with a tiny bit of truth, but blossom into a full-blown lie--some "sources" may work in the royal offices or residences, hear a tiny bit of a story, tell a reporter, be paid for this transgression, and the reporter fills out a report with made-up filler.

The working royals are not free to do whatever they please. There are trade-offs. Perhaps you could just ask if people wished they were members of private, rich families who don't have the constraints of royal duties, expectations. Private families are free to do what they want to do without having media interest.

• I agree that it looks like a pretty cushy number. On the debit side, though, they do seem to spend a lot of time deferring to other, more senior royals. I'm guessing that nobody bows as much as a prince. There are dull royal duties - meeting 400 pensioners or 400 boy scouts - but these duties only really come because the royals choose to accept them. Similarly, they could go where they wanted and dispense with servants and security (most European royal families have done so), but the British royals have chosen, and continue to choose, not to embrace a more modern model of a monarchy.

• patty
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

i'd like to be the queens much younger sister

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Stupid and inaccurate question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.