Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 6 months ago

How would you feel if they put a trolley on your street that led directly to downtown?

• Zheia

I would call the supermarket and tell them one of their trolleys is missing.

There is no 'downtown' within 50 miles of me.

Would be weird to have in a suburb, but convenient

My town has a bus route through downtown to other towns and the train station at one end of town. This has been serving for decades as part of a county system. But the route is downhill about a half mile from my house. I have only used it a couple times in the past. Wish it were closer. Maybe if I got a Segway?

There is a new (1 year) shopper trolley bus that runs around town and to the major centers and new extension to the next town.

There are senior citizen bus and van services as well.

Pretty good for a town of 67K that has been here only 100 years.

Sweet! Downtown is where all the breweries are at. I'm in!

Trolley in days gone by did run near my street. It was about 1000 feet 300 metres from my house. It was used until replaced by a bus on the same route as the tracks.

• Martin

I would love that.

Sick. About the only thrill I have these days is driving my vintage car to town, and that would cause my wife to insist that I get rid of it.

Aint no way I AM getting rid of it, but I'd still have to listen to her whining about it.

How often do people go downtown anymore? When I was a kid, all the big department stores were downtown, but now they're all off the freeway in the 'burbs.

Anyway, downtown in my town is less than half a mile. I usually ride my bicycle. A trolley would be nice though! If it took me to the light rail, I could get a lot of places!

What's the point of that if you have bus stops near you?