In your estimation what percentage of people with a physics degree believe that space aliens have visited the Earth?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You didn't say what kind of physics degree. Astrophysics? Quantum physics? Physical engineering? Electro physics? Does an architect count? Why so vague?

Anyway, my estimate is somewhere between three and five percent of them.

• Adam D
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Why would architect count? He said physics degree - that means people who can do math and science.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

How in the world could I possibly estimate that ?

• 6 months ago

Physicists are trained in the scientific method. They know that physical evidence or repeatable consistent observations are necessary to prove a phenomena. There is no such evidence for aliens yet. So most physicists keep an open mind, believe in the possibility of aliens, but make no conclusions about aliens.

• 6 months ago

Meteorites are bodies alien to earth, so maybe 99%.

Alien life forms don't exist so maybe 0%.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I would guess that it is in the region of 3%.

As there is a possibility that aliens HAVE visited the earth then you are asking about people who believe it to be definitely true. There are people who believe that it is definitely false.

And there are those who simply don't believe. Wait for more evidence

Too many people act upon a belief. So this applies to people with degrees too.

They aren't immune from believing something.

• 6 months ago

0.0 % (to two significant figures)

• 6 months ago

how many formed a team,A,,yes there are

Team B,no,,make your case kiddies

pally you got no case

anecdotes morph into telling evidence over time bud

your question contains an inherent assumption which you ignore IQ challenged poster,

is the judgment of alien life best made by the more formally educated?

competent often not always with degrees,,pilots from 50 nations,long experienced in observation,conditions in the environment,weather,engineering,,airplane power plants,flight systems have been observing phenomena which behave as though guided,,objects

that make right angled turns at speeds in many thousand of miles an hour.Physical sciences such as many of earths' most advanced nations possess,tell us 'immpossible',if we trust the judgments of competent people,

some out there DO possess and design vehicles that perform astounding maneuvers. many of these instances are on you tube,you might learn something.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

None have claimed anything like that. They all keep an open mind to what people are seeing.

• 6 months ago

Zero is my observation.

• 6 months ago

100%. You have to be out of your mind to have a physics degree, like me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.