Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 6 months ago

Does anyone on here have a fear of flying?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

i somewhat have a fear of flying, mostly because of the high altitudes and the fear of crash landing

• 6 months ago

I have a healthy fear of flying based on over 5000 hours of flight time as a Navy aviator. Things can go wrong; I've seen them go wrong. I've had engines quit on me and brakes burst into flames on landing.

So it's always smart to have that healthy fear and pay attention to safety procedures...like where's the EXIT, like keeping the seat belt on at all times, like where again did they say the flotation gear is located.

Source(s): Retired Naval Aviator.
  • 6 months ago

Many millions in this world are afraid to fly.

Many have no need to fly in order to travel and do what they want to do.

The frequent travellers that answer on this forum regularly obviously travel more than most.Some work for Airlines and fly many times per month.Some fly regularly as part of their job.

About 15% of Adults are afraid to fly.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I have been on planes quite a lot in my life, but when I was a child I was deathly afraid of planes. I had to be put on medication my first couple times on a plane. I was always okay until they played the dreaded "safety video". Now, I am not scared because I've been on planes so many times. I still am not a huge fan of flying, though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I honestly don't understand how people can logically fear flying.

Yes, there have been plane crashes but there are far more people dying in car crashes yet people afraid of flying still drive.

On average, 3,000 people PER day die in car accidents worldwide.

On average, 1.2 people PER day die in plane crashes worldwide.

Over one million people a year die in car accidents.

About 500 to 600 people a year die in plane crashes.

But what do i care. i love to fly so less people on the plane is better

• 6 months ago

No. But I have a healthy fear of being in a car. 30,000 people die every year in the US in car accidents. 0 die in large commercial planes.

• 6 months ago

Lots of people who have a fear of flying post questions here about their fear. But most of the people who answer them DON'T have that fear.

If you want to see the hundreds of previous questions and thousands of answers, click on 'FAQ'.

• 6 months ago

I have a fear of flying a Canadian Goose. They're not big enough to hold me up.

• Zhin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I'm not affraid to flying

• 6 months ago

flying with what ?> \

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.