Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 6 months ago

Why is the hijab compulsory?

I understand why you should wear loose clothing and nothing tight or revealing but how is your hair sexually attractive?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Women's hair is soft and not like men's and showing it makes them look more sexually attractive so it is understandable that Muslim women would not be allowed to show their hair because they are not supposed to sexualize themselves in public; they are only supposed to do that for their husband.

• Kin
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Watch this beautiful short video in the comments because you'll understand the fascinating things about Hijab, covering and how its related to God. I will also post couple of short videos in the comments, please watch.

People cover up for sake of God..they do it for God, no one else. They are mindful of God and show modesty not only by wearing a scarf but dressing in modest clothing because God appreciates modesty. Modesty is for both men and women not just women.

There are certain dress codes for men and for women who are mindful of God, who are servants of God, Muslims, who are shy for all the right reasons and who are modest. They do have regard for God above all the reason to be shy of others, to have self-awareness, God-conscious, and to have modesty or polite etiquette as well for sake of God.

Men are to be modest as well and not show their bodies or not exposing themselves to others except their wives and family and except when they go to religious pilgrimage as that also has certain clothing required when going to a pilgrimage.

Muslim Men are not allowed to wear certain things. Men can't wear silk, gold and its because only arrogant men who are not mindful of God wear it for other purposes and show arrogance. Arrogance is not allowed in Islam and people are to work on being humble if they are arrogant so dressing arrogantly is unacceptable.

Women are not to expose themselves as well including their beautiful hair except to their husbands and families. Women are allowed to beautify themselves with jewelry and beautiful clothing so long as they dress modest and not exposing skin just like men are not allowed to expose skin. Men are not allowed to expose their skin above the knee.

When believers do certain things for God, they are wanting to achieve something from God..they are wanting a good loan from God whether its a man striving for God in hope of God's rewards, God's mercy, God's forgiveness and more or whether its a woman striving for God as well pleasing Him through acts of worship most beloved to Him and want to obey Him as well.

Allah, Ar-Rahman, the Compassionate, may He be Exalted, said,

“Whoever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, I have waged war upon him. My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more beloved to Me than what I have obligated upon him/{her}. My servant continues to draw near to Me with the voluntary acts until I love him/{her}. Once I love him/{her}, I am his/{her} hearing with which he/{she} hears, his/{her} sight with which he/{she} sees, his/{her} hand with which he/{she} grasps, and his/{her} foot with which he/{she} walks. Were he/{she} to ask of Me {something}, I would surely grant it to him/{her}. If he/{she} were to seek refuge with Me, I would surely protect him/{her}.”

They are seeking His rewards in the afterlife because God rewards so much for doing so little even if it means being mindful of Him and does appreciate all the good deeds done for His sake and generously rewards even if it means having polite etiquette, being modest and dressing modestly for God. So of course servants of God strive and do the best they can to please God. Even Giving charity for sake of God has its own reward, smiling at others for sake of God...any good deed done for sake of God has its own immense rewards and God indeed rewards only the fairest rewards.

God will truly reward generously for all good deeds done for His sake..big or small, because He appreciates and will reward either in this life or in the afterlife. For those who sincerely obey God, who strive and do try for His sake through their connection, trust and faith in God. Its for no one else. While its not only religious garment its also cultural.

Some women wear scarfs out of cultural reasons or out of fashion reasons and they may not even be religious people and not doing for religious purposes.

The sick pathetic users telling you its about control, ignore them they are delusional liars and misguided individuals who know nothing about truth, faith, religion and what it means to have a special connection with Allah, Al-Malik, the King of the Heavens and the Earth.

• Kin
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

words to know: insaan {mankind}, dunia {worldly life, lowest heaven, earth}, ahkirat/ahkira {afterlife}

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Muslim men want control of all their females and it is easier to Rape western women who dont wear the black tents

• 6 months ago

It is really about control and enslaving Muslim women it has nothing to do with God

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

there is no force in Islam.. It is a fact....

• 6 months ago

Of course hair sexy. Why else do women spend endless time, money and effort on it? Long, thick and voluminous hair signifies youth, health and fertility.

As to the Islamic ruling on hijab (the proper term is Khimar which refers to the head covering), there seems to be a wide agreement among early Muslim scholars that covering the hair is obligatory. I am only aware of some modern scholars that dispute this ruling. It boils down to how you interpret the Koran. (Another reason why revealing a book is not a good idea because language is open to interpretation).

• Liking6 months agoReport

Absolutely false with regards to your last remark, the book in terms of hijab is not disputed among scholars, and the only "scholars" disputing in the current age are fake scholars, not real Islamic scholars, and we Muslims don't follow isolated scholarly opinions that don't have a large following.

• 6 months ago

Its nit compulsory its respect to god

• 6 months ago

It's not compulsory everywhere. In Iran, 100% mandatory. Death or prison if you don't.

In western countries, it's not.

And it's about being modest to everyone but your family.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It is to desert-dwelling barbarians who think that they know the mind of God.

• Stoo
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's not. And veils and headscarves are a common expression of modesty in many cultures. See most nuns - but again, not all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.