Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 6 months ago

Is KNOWLEDGE, of the right kind, the "key" to life?

• Raja

Knowledge of right kind takes you in a right path and knowledge of bad kind alerts you when you are about to be cheated by a bad person. You need both knowledge but you must walk in the path of right kind.

• Sufi

Knowledge itself is not. Integrating that knowledge into your life and behavior will help more.

Not cognitive knowledge, but emotional self-awareness is pretty close to being the "key" to at least being happy and/or in love. And those things make a world of difference in one's life.

• small

Neither knowledge nor power derived therefrom is the key...... life springs from Love and is preserved and nurtured by Love (of course, I mean fundamental love towards others and not the one based on the sex-urge).

The only thing that anyone knows is their own mind. One only knows what one thinks. If one thinks it's a good idea to look both ways before crossing the road, it may well be key to life.

I suppose, by "life", you refer to humans living a successful life, but I think it is worth noting that knowledge isn't necessary to life. Trees are proof of that.

yes - goto www.soulatma.com

Is knowledge of the right kind the key to life ?

Hardly.

Philosophy knowledge is still debating whether behaviour change comes before one's changing knowledge or not.

Can't you tell if that is true from the answers here?

You must agree that it looks like Science does not debate whether behaviour change comes before individual knowledge change (= knowledge increase). So that Science is properly seen as changing-behaviour, via technology, math, social sciences and all.

So should philosophy lead-the-way so to speak ?

I mean of course changing Itself in an almost symbiotic way that philosophy learning changes one's outlook & then behaviour.

Source(s): An objectively focussed environment
    • peter m

And although more information here about that will have-to-wait....I can refer readers to the recent work of the school of maths founded by the mathematician Y. Zhang et al (where I have done some initial critical rational work together with brief conclusions around that..).

It certainly helps

• j153e

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." (Albert Einstein)

Under-standing is more a function of loving comprehension.

So, the right knowledge about a field, when understood, and put into action, is key.

Some books which purport to give right knowledge:

The Path of the Higher Self;

101 Things All Young Adults Should Know;

The Slightest Philosophy;

Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age;

Worthless: The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major;

For Couples Only.

• Nancy

Mmm, I don't know about that. It seems like there's a direct relationship between how smart someone is (i.e., how much they know) and how miserable they are. Ignorance is bliss. Stupid people are the happiest people I know. Sure, they're stupid, but stupidity is an affliction that is suffered by everyone else around, not by the stupid person.

Now, knowledge and power together, now that may be the so-called "key."