I'm 14 and still suck my thumb, how do I stop?

I only do it at home, I haven't sucked my thumb at school/in public since I was about 6. Though I can totally stop when not at home, when I am home I constantly do it subconsciously. I have been talkng to my Mum about getting braces for my top teeth (Most of my top teeth on the right side are higher than the... show more I only do it at home, I haven't sucked my thumb at school/in public since I was about 6. Though I can totally stop when not at home, when I am home I constantly do it subconsciously. I have been talkng to my Mum about getting braces for my top teeth (Most of my top teeth on the right side are higher than the left due to my thumb sucking), but she told me I need to stop sucking my thumb first. What are some ways to stop?
Update: I would also like to mention that my right front tooth gradually moves back and forth too, some days I'll wake up with it pushed forward and some days I'll have it pushed back.
Update 2: Please don't tell me that I need to ''grow up'', it doesn't help. This is a habit, I've been doing it since I was an infant. I would also like to mention this has nothing to do with 'maturity', as some people like to believe. It's a habit that I want help with, I don't... show more Please don't tell me that I need to ''grow up'', it doesn't help. This is a habit, I've been doing it since I was an infant. I would also like to mention this has nothing to do with 'maturity', as some people like to believe. It's a habit that I want help with, I don't want to be ridiculed.