Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 6 months ago

How to accept spending the rest of your life alone?

Im divorced and a mother of 3. I know no decent man would want to marry me now because its not just me its me and 3 kids. So i know ill end up dying alone. Most days im okay, but other days i cant help but cry because here i am doing this alone while my ex husband gets to live his life like we never happened. After we had our first 2 kids he stopped working and started abusing me. I tried to make things work for a year, i worked took care of him and the kids but he didnt stop so when i wanted to leave he beat and raped me and thats how i had our third child. It hurts so much i gave my life to the wrong guy and now ill have to pay for it forever. He was really good to me until we had our second child. Then he just changed.. how do i get over all of these feelings and accept what is? I feel so sad some times. I have so much to offer but ive Fd my whole life up. Im glad i had them. I love them so much. Just sometimes i wish i had someone to confide in. To help me to be here for me. To love me.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

You have CHILDREN and you may have GRANDCHILDREN. There is no sensible reason that you should be alone. Is there?

Whatever you put INto your children, expect to get a similar thing OUT of them.

• 5 months ago

You should realize that there are PLENTY of moms out there with more than one kid who find true love again. Dont look down, look up!! Cheer up!. Life goes on, you can meet someone great and understanding. Life isnt over!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You won't "die alone" if you raise your children correctly. Romantic love is fleeting. The love between parents and children isn't (unless you worry so much about your sex life that you don't properly nurture your kids).

• 6 months ago

Human beings do crave that, but to say you are alone when you have three children to love and nurture sounds awful. It is different to romantic love but it is a love that surpasses any that you might have with a romantic partner.

That's not to say that it won't ever happen. Just stop feeling sorry for yourself and get on with the job in hand, which is to raise your kids. Along the way you might very well find another partner, but never ever, refer to your kids as if they aren't worth loving, or don't love you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Buy a dog

Or five

• 6 months ago

I think the only thing you need to accept is the fact that you can't possibly know what the future holds for you. There is a man out there that can fall in love with you and will accept the fact that you come with children. If you keep the mindset that this can't possibly happen that works against that goal.

Source(s): I married a woman 14 years my senior with 2 children.
  • 6 months ago

Do yourself a HUGE favor and go speak with a therapist or counselor. Open up to them, tell them everything you're thinking and going through. It might just be a way to save your own life and give you a chance at happiness.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.