If we have levels that can simulate earth and a.i. living within it, can we just as easily fast forward it and have them pass our own tech?

I hear we are somewhat close in creating simulated a.i living in a fake earth. Though to what levels, i have not done research on. But lets play on the idea anyways. In theory if we push through with this and make some giant simulation of another planet with "fake people"- since its a simulation, is it... show more I hear we are somewhat close in creating simulated a.i living in a fake earth.
Though to what levels, i have not done research on. But lets play on the idea anyways.

In theory if we push through with this and make some giant simulation of another planet with "fake people"- since its a simulation, is it just as easily done to speed up the process of their living conditions X 1000000 speed and have these people pass our own tech, and thus solving our own future problems?