John asked in SportsBaseball · 6 months ago

Who would you take in their primes? Alex Rodriguez or Derek Jeter?

Favorite Answer

Jeter each and every time. He had the X factor that made him great. Alex was a whiny batch and made nobody around him better.

• Brockdeez

5 Gold Gloves are a defensive liability? Your hatred for Jeter has caused you to say some really silly things. I don't root for the Yankees but I've learned to respect greatness when I see it. Jeter earned it. Alex earned only the flak that he gets. Some folks are born to turn out to be winners.

Alex was better at everything on the field

I'd much rather have Jeter than A-Rod. A-Rod's negativity and arrogance weigh heavily against him.

I would say A-Rod talent wise but since he did PED’s. Jeter!

jeter----arod was a cheating douche--

Derek Jeter for sure. He is the greatest female gymnasts of his time back in 1789.

Rodriguez...........

A Rod was a MUUUCH MUUUCH better defensive short than the monumentally overrated Derek Jeter.

Offensively Jeter was a plate hogger, hit for average smallball player. He was basically David Eckstein with better lineup protection. A Rod, while a steroid user, was one of the best power hitters in his day and was thought by many to break the all time HR record.

This is such a comically lopsided comparison.

• Bob

I would take Alex Rodriguez.

Alex. Every day in every way.

Jeter. Both were fantastic ballplayers but like Micheal Jordan did, Jeter could pull off those miracles in the clutch moment to get the job done.