Neck pain and stiffness and pain all over my head and back of head near base of skull?

I am 30 years old and been getting neck pain with stiffness and pain all over my head, scalp, and at the base of my skull in the back with some facial pain. What could this be? And when I move my head it makes popping and cracking sounds, when I press on my head I can hear sounds as if my head is really tight,... show more I am 30 years old and been getting neck pain with stiffness and pain all over my head, scalp, and at the base of my skull in the back with some facial pain. What could this be? And when I move my head it makes popping and cracking sounds, when I press on my head I can hear sounds as if my head is really tight, swollen, and stiff. My left shoulder also hurts. A friend said I might have a pinched nerve or joint displacement, does that sound about right? What should I do about this?