Should I be offended that my family thinks I need an SSI check?

I am a 21-year-old male who attends college full-time, and am almost done with college. I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and OCD. My mental illnesses are detrimental to my well-being, of course, but I am extremely high-functioning. When I graduate from college, I'll have no problem with holding a... show more I am a 21-year-old male who attends college full-time, and am almost done with college. I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and OCD. My mental illnesses are detrimental to my well-being, of course, but I am extremely high-functioning. When I graduate from college, I'll have no problem with holding a full-time job.

The problem is my family thinks I should fake the depth of my disability because I barely make enough to survive. A few months ago, my mother and grandmother persuaded me to go to an SSI screening. Having gotten tired of them begging me, I just followed through with it. My mother accompanied me at the meeting, and I was rejected two weeks later.

That experience was rather traumatizing for me. My mother was pointing out all my incapabilities during that meeting, then later told me she said those things to help me qualify. Every time I tell them I'm depressed or I'm struggling, they try to make me feel bad for "not trying hard enough" to qualify for SSI. I think my family truly thinks I'm disabled (i.e. not capable enough to manage my finances or hold a job), and that is an attack on my self-esteem. I don't believe in scamming the government for more money. I made it abundantly clear to my family that I value the essence of hard work. I am tired of my family doubting me as a person, and every time I point that out, they get defensive and tell me I'm overreacting. I just wish I could disown them.
Update: The problem is my family spares me cash every once and a while. I have a difficult time working more than 25 hours a week as a full-time student. I've also got bills to pay. If I wasn't financially dependent on my family 25% of the time and actually had a vehicle, I would disown them.