Can an employer change someone’s time off from vacation days to sick days under these circumstances?

To explain, it happened to me. I took Wednesday-Friday off because I had a couple of plans. But those didn’t fall through because I ended up having to stay home and rest the whole time. It’s Friday today as you all probably know, I thought about calling my supervisor and asking her if can change my vacation days to... show more To explain, it happened to me. I took Wednesday-Friday off because I had a couple of plans. But those didn’t fall through because I ended up having to stay home and rest the whole time. It’s Friday today as you all probably know, I thought about calling my supervisor and asking her if can change my vacation days to sick days because I don’t want to waste my vacation time not feeling and not doing what I wanted to do. My work does allow the employees to use their sick time when they are scheduling time off. But I was wondering if I could have that time off switched from vacation to sick although I’ve pretty much gone through the 3 days already.

Thanks!