I'm going to install Windows 7 to my 2005 PC because I put Windows 10 on it and it's slow, by downgrading the OS will it run faster?

I got a 2005 PC in March or April, and I installed Windows 10 on it. But now I'm starting to think I should've installed Windows 7 or lower because it's very slow, by installing Windows 7 would my computer run faster than it does now with Windows 10?

Hi.

The odds are that it will run much better under Win7, as long as You use a 32bit installation disc.

Your other problem to consider is finding the correct hardware device drivers to re-install for Win7.

If this is Your only system to use for downloading & online access I highly recommend You create a linux OS flashdrive to be able to use it for getting the online files to do the Windows repair with.

I personally use Puppy linux from both flashdrives & bootable CDs whenever I don't want to "Go Windows", or feel "The Microsoft experience" (Seems a lot like being the new guy in a prisoner area).

G'Luck!!!

definitely. Downgrading it will make it faster and i highly downgrading to either Vista Xp Or back to 7.

Source(s): love computers and long time windows user. Have done same thing as user is talking about.
  • Mr. T

I'm surprised W10 would have no given you an error saying a single core processor (P4) & 1 GB of RAM will not run W10.

Installing W7 onthat will take you at least 2 days. Once W7 is installed there are 300+ updates to install.

I would suggest to purchase a newer system with a minimum of 4 GB of RAM (2013 & up) off your local Craigslist → then install W10. If the computer was an orginal W8 or 8.1 then you don't need a Product Key. W10 will activate once online.

\😎/

• Bill-M

No, it will not run faster. You need to build a new PC. 2005 is too old.

i would just try it and see and then you'll know

• P

A PC that old is much slower than most smart phones and it will be painful even doing simple things on the internet which requires a lot more power than it did 15 years ago. I'm not sure if I would really want to invest any more time into it. You really need something like an SSD, but it's not worth putting money into an old machine like that.

I'm not sure why you would even want to install Windows 10 on a nearly 15 year old PC.... But anyways, you didn't tell us what the PC's specs are. It might run a bit better under Windows 7, but I wouldn't really count on it.