Need advice on a mother in law issue..?

We are going to get my mother in-law soon. It’s 500 to where she lives and 500 miles back home. She’s staying 2 weeks and my husband is taking her back. We are on a very tight budget right now. Trying to get out of debt. Last night my husband tells me that she is wanting him to take her to parts of southeast NM and... show more We are going to get my mother in-law soon. It’s 500 to where she lives and 500 miles back home. She’s staying 2 weeks and my husband is taking her back. We are on a very tight budget right now. Trying to get out of debt. Last night my husband tells me that she is wanting him to take her to parts of southeast NM and West Texas to see her cousins. That’s probably another 4 hundred miles. I let him know today that it’s not practical to take her to those places when we’re already driving 2k miles so she can come visit. He’s now, not answering my calls and is mad at me. We buy her groceries, give her money. The last time she was here she had me take her to a department store, goes to check out and whispers in my ear- “it looks like I don’t have the money in my account to cover my purchase”. It was 400 dollars that I had to pay. She pretended to be sick the whole time she was her so my husband would call in and stay home with her. I’m so stressed out over this visit. How do I handle my husband? Do I cave? Please help!
10 answers 10