Is it good to use your smartphone for recording your singing voice?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

the most important difference with a phone and a mic is that the smartphone also records your breathing aswell and does not have a good volume reach

• 5 months ago

I've been surprised by how good modern smartphones are at recording.

My friend flipped his on while we were doing a little funk jam the other day - him on drums and me on Moog synth (an old Opus 3), and it actually sounded pretty good.

I wouldn't say it was even remotely like studio quality - but perfect for scratch recordings. I always hate when I jam with someone, and we hit a groove - but then I can't remember it later.

• 5 months ago

It's not a matter of being good or bad. It's your choice to decide what type of sound quality you desire.

• Sylv125 months agoReport

Well that's a dumb answer of course I want good quality duh lolz

• Judas
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

It's excellent for feedback purposes. Phone microphone quality has been getting better over the past few years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

i wouldn't recommend it, even if you are trying to get a lo-fi sound.

i do use mine to record song ideas on the fly, but i don't use those recordings for anything but my own reference.

• 5 months ago

I will use the Voice Memo on my iPhone to make short recordings of my students' marching band music for them to practice with. But my own concerts? Special recording equipment for ONLY that purpose.

• 5 months ago

You can do that but it's not a high fidelity recording

• Carson
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I've tried. I over drive the mic. and it sounds awful....I can and do get paid to sing.

Try it in the bathroom with the door shut.

Put it on the edge of the bathtub, stand back and sing towards the wall the tub is against. It will give you some echo, not much, but your voice will or should sound cleaner than holding it at arms distance.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's neither good nor bad.

• 5 months ago

If you want to see how you sound like??!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.