Would eating cake and beer the night before cause my glucose bloodwork levels to go past 100?

I had my bloodwork done for physical and at 8am but the night before I had ate cake and beer. Now I don't usually eat too many sweets but it was Father's Day. My glucose level came back at 108. I had fasted for the 8 hours prior to the blood results. Would that cake and beer the night before factor into this higher than usual glucose level?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • friend
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

Even with consuming that much it shouldn't go that high - that's extremely high and concerning

• ...Show all comments
    • micksmixxx
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

@johncarneys. What, on Earth, are you waffling on about? 108 mg/dL is NOT a great number for a fasting blood glucose level.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

No. No matter what you eat, blood glucose should return to base levels within 8 hours. Normally glucose peaks around 2 hours after a meal and then drops back to normal in another 2 hours. So, eight hours provides plenty of extra time to avoid spikes from a meal. Its a warning sign that you might be developing insulin resistance. You can test again in a month and see if anything changes, and also get the A1c test to see how things are working overall.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

it rnight not if you fasted after

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.