Are Cornish people accepting of Londoners - if I were to move there?

Yeah, I bet Quentin.

Favorite Answer

I think many of them are quite rightly fed up with outsiders buying houses in Cornwall at high prices which the locals cannot afford

• Tavy

Quentin is right, we are priced out of our homes.

Go there and see for yourself....

If you live and work in Cornwall. People who buy a house as a holiday home no.

I've lived in cornwall for 30 years having moved from Hertfordshire as a child. Basically don't be a knob and as John said, don't leave your home unoccupied for 10 months of the year. I hate seeing houses going empty no matter where those houses are.

Being Cornish myself, and of course with family in Cornwall; I can tell you frankly how locals are. If you move from any part of the country (or even the world) and settle in Cornwall, nobody will have a problem with you doing that. People will be even more accepting if you get involved in the community.

What Cornish people are extremely fed up with is people from out of the county buying up properties as holiday homes, and leaving them unoccupied for 10 months of the year. People from out of the county have a lot more money behind them (in general) than the locals, so can afford to pay more for properties...that along with the scarcity of properties is driving up prices owing to the limited demand. So long as you don t fall in this latter category, you ll be a welcomed part of a community.

Why wouldn't they.

• alan P

My aunt was born in London and has been happily settled in Cornwall for nearly 30 years I think.