If I go to Japan with the least number of tourists, what should I expect?
I’m a white American man. I’m interested in their countryside
- QuinnLv 66 months agoFavorite Answer
If you meant what to expect in the less traveled area of Japan by foreign tourists, then the following may apply:
1) No signs in romaji (Japanese written in western alphabets).
2) Very little chance of meeting anyone who is
able to speak or read English.
3) No overnight accommodations - at least not the kinds people in the US are familiar with.
4) A Japanese person will wonder why you are there and most will assume you are lost, but since they can speak English, you will probably be ignored.
- Anonymous5 months ago
more out of the cities and tourist spots like the countryside or small towns
- thecheapest902Lv 76 months ago
As already said, you can't find English signs there. Or you can't ask directions in English even if you are lost. And some Japanese people may stare at you.