Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 6 months ago

would I be admitted to hospital if I had an ear infection and fever?

Favorite Answer

Nope treatment will be applied to theh type infection you have and you will be told to go home and follow up with your health care provider when the treatments are over.

• kelvin

depends on how bad it was

• friend

If your fever was really high and unbreakable, then yes

• Gert

No. You will be given antibiotics and sent home. Hell, they don't even keep you in the hospital after surgery or childbirth anymore.

Nope, unless it was really severe such that you were really out of it and unresponsive to treatment. It would be treated with antibiotics and some fever reducing medicines, and then you would be released.

Nope. I don’t even think you should waste your time going to the hospital. They’ll just tell you to take some pain meds, drink water, & rest. They don’t treat ear infection with antibiotics anymore. (Where I live at least)

• IOM

I doubt it, you'd be treated and sent home.