Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 6 months ago

Which country in Africa is seen from the rock of gibraltar? Is it South Africa?

I was wondering I went up to the rock of gibraltar and the guide said you can see Africa in the distance.

Which african country is it is it south africa?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can see Morocco. go look at a map. there is also a small enclave of Spain in Africa in that area, but I do not know if you can see it from the Rock.

The southern part of Europe faces the northern part of Africa, not the southern part of Africa.

• John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

You only need to look at a map of Europe to see a sliver of the country in Africa which Gibraltar is opposite. Then look at a map of Africa and see that South Africa is at the other end. More generally, Gibraltar, at the southern end of Europe, is opposite North Africa.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Gibraltar is NORTH of Africa. How could you possible see South Africa which is over 5000 miles away? Are you really that stupid? Across the straights from Gibraltar is the country of Morocco.

• 6 months ago

why don't you just look at a map? Much simpler, much faster answer, you might learn something.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

South Africa, you can't be serious.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

From the rock of Gibraltar on a clear day you can see the North African country of Morocco, which is separated from Gibraltar by just 9 miles or so of sea (the strait of Gibraltar)...There is absolutely zero chance of seeing South Africa from Gibraltar though as its 5,000 miles away, that would be like standing on top of a high building in London and being able to see mountains in California on the far side of the United states (impossible).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.