Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 6 months ago

Can you survive on $4.11/day?

I am moving out and living in my car for next year. I saved up about $1,500 for food which is $4.11/day. So is it possible?

you certainly can survive on that budget.but why are you planning to be homeless? are you employed and intend to save most of your money? being homeless is a horrible situation and extremely dangerous. I am hoping that you are young and just want to be a free bird for a year..i wish you all the luck that it will take to pull this off and still be safe!!

What will you do when it gets too hot or cold. It's not safe. Get a room or some roommates in a reasonable house or apartment. A job that provides free housing like a super or live in au pair or home attendant would be better. Who can live on $4.11 per day?

not really, it would not be enough to survive, sorry.

You won't be exactly happy or safe, but you could survive on $4.11 a day.

Your options of what to each will be very limited. Plus, even if you're skipping a meal, having even 2 meals with that money would be hard. Unless you figure out how to buy ingredients and make food that can last you a couple of meals without going bad, e.g. salads or sandwiches.

• Not in the United States you can't. This is a very expensive country we live in. I suggest you find a job that pays a decent wage.

Not at all sadly you couldn't

• Bob

You probably could survive on $4.11 per day.

$4 on food only is definitely doable! Pretty much every fast food restaurant has Dollar Menus. Everyday, I can order $1 burgers, hot dogs, tacos and drinks. Enough for an entire day and no refrigeration required! You can even toss all the trash at the restaurant.

Not really, you can live in your car, but you will need to earn some money for gas and food

There are places that give out food for the homeless, which technically you would be so you can go that route too.