Steve asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

Costco Wild Cooked Red King Crab. Is it Cooked?

Mom brought me some crab legs from Costco. Never cooked these before. On the package it says "Wild Cooked Red King Crab". Does that mean its cooked already? I heard of Wild Caught but not Wild Cooked. This is a little confusing. Do I cook it or not? Thanks for the help.

• Amy
    Favorite Answer

You don't need to cook it but you do want to heat it up. Get a large pan with a couple of inches of water in it and bring it to a boil. I have a extra big, deep skillet that I like to use.

Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down to med and put the crab in the pan. Cover it with a lid, if you don't have a lid use aluminum foil. Steam it about 10-15 min so it's good and hot. YUMMY!!!

• Steve6 months agoReport

You are awesome!!!!! Can't wait. Thanks so much.

It's cooked. All crab is. You can heat it up 10 minutes.

It doesn't mean 'cooked in the wild', it means it's wild and it's cooked. So, it's cooked. Surely the packaging has directions on what to do with it.

You can tell if they're cooked if they have a reddish color to them if they say they're cooked they're cooked you just have to heat them up for a few minutes.

It's cooked.

You need to heat it up.

Steaming is the preferred method.

If you have a camping stove or a grill you can heat water on outside, that is the preferred method. Cooking or reheating crab in the house is going to STINK.

I live in the PacNW and we eat dungeness all the time. But it's always prepared outside.