Is there a cord I can buy to hook up my phone's music to my non Bluetooth car?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You can only use a cord if your vehicle has somewhere that the cord can be plugged in.

If it does not, you can still use bluetooth through a FM transmitter for example

• 6 months ago

Km km km km km km km km km km

• don r
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It depends on what your car has for a stereo and you aren't telling. You may have a few choices; FM transmitters, AUX (trs stereo patch cord) , cassette adapters, FM modulators.

• 6 months ago

You can go on eBay and purchase an FM transmitter adapter which you will plug into headphone jack it will transmit to your car's FM radio and you can listen to music with that method

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes,, use the cord to hang your device from the rear view mirror.

If you don't know what inputs your system has - how the he!! should we know when you can't even identify what make car you have????

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes it is called an Aux cord. But it will only work if your car's radio has an aux port. If your radio does not have an aux port then your gonna have to upgrade your radio. Also, on some really old cars that have a cassette player you can buy a cassette adapter and plugin your phone that way.

• 6 months ago

If your car radio has an AUX jack, you can get a cord with a 3.5mm headphone plug on either end and connect the headphone jack of your phone to the AUX input. (Newer iPhones have a different connector, but you can get that kind of cord also.)

Some car radios have an AUX jack in the back for a CD changer that's mounted somewhere else. If you take the radio out of the dashboard you can connect a sort of 'extension cord' to this jack and use it with your phone or MP3 player.

And on top of all that, you can replace your car radio with a 'mechless' receiver for about $50. 'Mechless' means 'nothing mechanical',i.e. no cassette or CD drive. A new radio with a CD drive might cost you $15 or $20 more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.