20k people have complained to Netflix about Good Omens, based on the book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett about the Antichrist. Thoughts?

Even though the series is aired on Amazon Prime.

Favorite Answer

I'll go post my answer on Quora.

• Cowboy

They need to lighten up - it's fiction. but it boggles the mind they're so worried about this but won't insist we do something about climate change - a REAL threat that will kill their grandchildren

• Doug

As they used to say on Vaudeville, "Scr*w you, if you can't take joke!" That said, the wildly popular "Left Behind" series is even more far out theologically, than "Good Omens" and not nearly as funny.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org

Did they complain there was no gay angel sex? David Tennant was right there, being all gay! But no explicit sex. That's my complaint.

• Uncle Fester

I am somewhat reluctant to watch the series, Rex. I have pictures in my head from the book that may be destroyed by alternative versions. Good to see somebody who posts after BA is given, an answer with no desire for reward.

Guffaw!! Nobody has ever been brain dead enough to imagine Christers weren't narcissistic bigots who imagine they have an absolute right to control what everybody else is allowed to do or say or think. After all they've been loudly asserting this special privilege for more than 2000 years.

I'd be willing to bet millions that 98% of those signatures belonged to dumb@sses who never bothered to read the Pratchet/Gaiman book or view even one episode of the series. Their Christer handlers merely had to say the word and all their slavishly obedient followers tripped over themselves in their hurry to comply.

Eye roll

Good for them! I hope they picket their local Blockbuster Video in protest as well. That'll show 'em!

is there a link to the petition? if it 's bad i will write something.

• skeptik

Gaiman has a screenshot of it before they took it down.
      https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1141392915077521408

• barty

We're not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed here.