What is the best program to study the GED test in the US for someone who never got schooled?

Hello everyone, I'll get right to it, When I was young about 9, I was in the second grade at my local school and decided to ask my mother if I could be home schooled she accepted much to my surprise and did very little to actually teach me and my sister (Who was in the 5th grade at the time) now for maybe a year and a half after I didn't think much of it after all I was a kid I thought not having to go to school was great many of my teacher were pretty mean to me as a kid and my parents didn't much care for my grades so I did pretty poorly when I turned 13 I realized at that very young age that not having an education was pretty bad it scared me now I won't go much into detail over what happened the next years but I fought with my mother a lot about our schooling but she never really followed through with it now I am 19 I've done everything I could to keep my mind sharp almost all of my english and writing skills have been learned through simply looking at articles online I didn't know how to multiply for a long time till I taught myself and I also taught myself division as well all of these topics leave much to be desired as you would imagine being that I haven't actually gone to school or had any guidance what so ever I've tried really hard it all just seems very overwhelming to me I wanna try signing up for a program online to help but I'm not sure which ones would be best for someone in my place who seems just so far behind any help would be greatly appreciated friends.

What is the best online program to study the GED test in the US for someone who never got schooled?

• Ann

You can purchase a GED manual at bookstores. I would get one and study it carefully. You may find it to be overwhelming, since it goes into subjects you would have never been exposed to (such as algebra). You might do well to enroll in an online school first. No one has to know you're older, because you won't be in a classroom. You would get your basic education, and then you can begin to study for the GED. I think you will probably need a tutor for that to help you understand terminology, etc. Be patient, and know that it will take some time to catch up. It's not impossible, however. You're to be admired for wanting to persist. Good luck to you.

• drip
    1 year ago

Check out your local community college. Most offer GED classes.

• Faith
    1 year ago

Contact your local library for free or affordable GED study classes. Most cities have them. You can learn with a tutor or in a classroom setting.

1 year ago

i would at least try to get your ged so its easier to get jobs later

1 year ago

Explains why you're writing a run-on sentence.