Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 6 months ago

Is our age gap too much?

My boyfriend is 3 years younger than me. He’s really sweet. He loves me. My aunt and my uncle (not married, my moms siblings) really like him.

I’ve met his mom. He’s meeting my parents and the rest of my family soon. I’m nervous. He’s 20, I’m 23

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The age difference is an issue only if YOU and HE make it one. Your family accepts him, you like him. I'm assuming his mom likes you, you love each other...stop worrying about the age thing. If anyone says something, be assertive and tell them it's not a problem for the two of you, why is it a problem for them?

• cat
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That's not a huge age gap but you're both young and both of you are still maturing. If you're happy, then just be happy and enjoy the relationship.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Three years when you're both a bit older wouldn't be a big deal. But at your ages he's a little further alone the maturation and brain development road than you are. Still, as long as you're not planning to marry or have children for at least five years you'll eventually both be at an age where you could have a successful longterm relationship.

• God
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Three years is less and less as you get older. Don't let that hold you back.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

The age gap is negligible.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No. Your age gap isn't too much. There are much wider ones.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.