73 Vw beetle brake lights?

Hello the lights on my 73 beetle are stuck on . I know On a modern car there is a little button that controls that .. is it the same on the vw or where should I start ?

its probably your headlight switch

Take it to VW dealership and let their mechanics find it. Should only take a few minutes and they have the parts to fix it right there. Probably the pressure switch on the master cylinder...or there is a problem in the brake system. that it is alerting you to get fixed yesterday. The button you are talking about does not exist on that car. It is the same button that works the fridge light...it comes on when you open the door. I had a 73 and can't visualize seeing it. Rabbits have it but not Bugs because of the Bug pedal type. It might also be the ignition switch electricals. It is an electrical fault. Let them check because it is BRAKES (which is kind of important) Knowing what the problem is is worth paying a few bucks to fix.

Switch is reportedly on the end of the master cylinder.

https://allaircooled.websitetoolbox.com/post/brake...

• JetDoc

Replace the brake light switch.

Do a search on youtube. To be honest with you I can't remember if the brake light switch was still the hydraulic one on the master cylinder or not. Look behind the LF tire and check out if the wire is broken off the master cylinder switch or not.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech