73 Vw beetle brake lights?

Hello the lights on my 73 beetle are stuck on . I know On a modern car there is a little button that controls that .. is it the same on the vw or where should I start ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

its probably your headlight switch

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Take it to VW dealership and let their mechanics find it. Should only take a few minutes and they have the parts to fix it right there. Probably the pressure switch on the master cylinder...or there is a problem in the brake system. that it is alerting you to get fixed yesterday. The button you are talking about does not exist on that car. It is the same button that works the fridge light...it comes on when you open the door. I had a 73 and can't visualize seeing it. Rabbits have it but not Bugs because of the Bug pedal type. It might also be the ignition switch electricals. It is an electrical fault. Let them check because it is BRAKES (which is kind of important) Knowing what the problem is is worth paying a few bucks to fix.

• 8 months ago

Switch is reportedly on the end of the master cylinder.

https://allaircooled.websitetoolbox.com/post/brake...

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Replace the brake light switch.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Do a search on youtube. To be honest with you I can't remember if the brake light switch was still the hydraulic one on the master cylinder or not. Look behind the LF tire and check out if the wire is broken off the master cylinder switch or not.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.