2006 chevy equinox issues stalling and starting?

Every few weeks my car stalls and then it won t start unless I spray a bunch of starter fluid into it and even then it takes a while before it ll start, usually the battery dies and I have to jump it and then continue with the fluid for it to start. Today it will not start at all. It turns over but it won t catch.... show more Every few weeks my car stalls and then it won t start unless I spray a bunch of starter fluid into it and even then it takes a while before it ll start, usually the battery dies and I have to jump it and then continue with the fluid for it to start. Today it will not start at all. It turns over but it won t catch. I am thinking it could be the cam sensor or the TPS but I am unsure. When I went to start the car it turns on for a quick second and then it died right away it did that one more time and then it wouldn t catch at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can check or what the issue might be? The check engine light comes on every once in a while and it says that the acceleration petal is out of place but I am not sure if that has to do with the car not starting. It idles a bit roughly but does not misfire, it doesn t jump and it does have power. I don t ever loose power. Any ideas? Just trying to give as much information as possible and thank you in advance!
2 answers 2