How can i stop being nervous & be confident instead?

i have ptsd and as a result have a bad nervous disposition, i'm easily startled and panicked in public, get flustered easily by people...how do i conquer this problem for good and be a confident, cool, fearless man? i am already very strong mentally and have got through things that many people couldn't of... show more i have ptsd and as a result have a bad nervous disposition, i'm easily startled and panicked in public, get flustered easily by people...how do i conquer this problem for good and be a confident, cool, fearless man?

i am already very strong mentally and have got through things that many people couldn't of coped with - got through it alone, with no help, except my beloved parents.

i just want to defeat this nervousness and fear of people and be confident like a knight in old english literature.

and yes, i am british and a man in my forties.