Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

Is it normal to have a crush on my younger brother given these circumstances?

I'm 31 and he's 27. I only knew about him 3 years ago when we met our dad's funeral. He knew of me but never met me until then. We have excellent genes from dad and he is drop deaad cute, tall, deep voice and so darn masculine. I've never met anyone like him, he makes me feel so girly, lol, if you know what I mean. I hug him anytime we meet and I just sort of melt during the moment. Anyone else ever felt anything similar to this towards a sibling?

• Joanne

The feelings you describe are relatively normal, considering the circumstances (not going up together; meeting up as adults). It's called "genetic sexual attraction". Since you melt while hugging the guy, then perhaps you're also experiencing a naughty thrill of the forbidden taboo (100% blood sibling romance).

Maybe your brother feels the same attraction towards you? It might be fun and interesting to have a discussion with your brother about the feelings you're having, and to find out what he's feeling.

Adults hooking up at your ages is not the business of anyone else (provided you don't get impregnated by your brother). As long as everything is consensual, no problem (that called "freedom"). If you're both excited by the naughty attraction and the taboo forbidden thrill, then consider taking things to the next level.

• Joanne

Finally - https://my-sister-savior.blogspot.com (guy's sister is a much better sex partner than his ice cube ex-wife ever was) and https://the-lolita-syndrome.blogspot.com (brother & sister decide to enjoy sharing taboo fantasies with each other in real life).

It's normal to crush on him because you're not familiar with him.

Since you're siblings, it's a good idea to avoid dating or pursuing a sexual relationship.Siblings have a 25% chance of birth defects.

No. Distance yourself if you have to. Look, I've been in a similar situation, but I was the younger sibling. I now fear my older sibling and try to distance myself from them as much as possible. If they ever get near me again, I'm not afraid to physically harm them to get away. Don't make your younger sibling like me. It's creepy and it'll only serve to damage him.