Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

If miracle working is a sign of a false prophet, what is it when a true prophet does it?

Update:

what is a false miracle?

Update 2:

According to deuteronomy 13:1, false prophets can give miraculous signs that come true.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The Bible does not tell us to believe all miracles. In fact, these miraculous gifts of God’s holy spirit ended, done away with.(1Cor.13:8)

The Bible warns us to be very careful when it comes to trusting miracles & powerful signs. Notice this warning:“The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs & wonders, & in every sort of evil that deceives.”​(2Thess.2:9,10)

Jesus cautioned his followers:“Be on the watch for the false prophets. Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, expel demons in your name, & perform many powerful works [miracles] in your name?’ And Jesus said to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”​(Mat.7:15,21-23) Obviously, Jesus did not teach that all miracles are from God.

God does not tell his worshippers to base their faith simply on miracles. Rather, their faith should be firmly established on facts.​(Heb.11:1)

• 6 months ago

"If miracle working is a sign of a false prophet . . . " Erroneous assumption.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 6 months ago

"True prophet". Just one more oxymoron in a sea of oxymorons.

• 6 months ago

True prophets can do true miracles. False prophets do false ones.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.