Restaurant closed&Did not get paid?

I was working at this restaurant for several weeks. One day I magically showed up to work, and they were closed due to a ''family emergency'. 'Come to find out they are closed for good. By the time I found out(by another co-worker) I did not receive my last check. I text my boss earlier this week... show more I was working at this restaurant for several weeks. One day I magically showed up to work, and they were closed due to a ''family emergency'. 'Come to find out they are closed for good. By the time I found out(by another co-worker) I did not receive my last check. I text my boss earlier this week and she said she will be back Thursday, I text her today and got nothing. Also before you close any business you have to give some type of tax form for employees she does not have my mailing address or any type of information to report us, only social security and checks i do not even know how much was taken for taxes #). Is it kinda weird why my boss will not say anything or not pay us before she closed?Should I wait until the end of the month( already past 2 weeks) or should I report my boss to the department of labor in GA? I do not want this to come back and bite me later from the IRS.If she does report me for money I did not even receive
9 answers 9