Do you think it is wrong for a christian to have a firearm?

Some believe in case a christian has a firearm, should use it only for hunting ( for food ) or for sports such as in a target shooting contest. But never against another human ( not even in a life or death situation )

• 1 year ago

Not for self defence

• 1 year ago

No..................

• 1 year ago

Mr. Saturday night special

Got a barrel that's blue and cold

Ain't good for nothin'

But put a man six feet in a hole

Lynard Skynard

“Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword."

Jesus

1 year ago

No.....................

• bubba
    1 year ago

I think its wrong for anyone to own a firearm , in this day and age there is no need for anyone to have one , sadly too many people have them so lots of people want them too,

• There is nothing wrong in owning a firearm, it's how they are used that is important. I'm Christian and have owned many guns and currently own a gun. I've hunted since I was 14, eating what I have killed. I would never use a gun toward a fellow human being. There is nothing wrong with using guns for target practice either, just don't use the image of a person as a target. I no longer hunt but still have my shotgun, my guns and ammo have always been kept in different locations and out of the reach of others.

• Grace
    1 year ago

If any are used for hunting they should be locked up and required by law to do so.

• 1 year ago

A true Christian? Yes.

Jesus said turn the other cheek AND chastised Peter for swiping a sword.

Of course the people here who try to meld American history with Christianity... an odd combination... will be irate at my answer.

Christianity in this world is not convenient.

• 1 year ago

A firearm is neutral. It can be used for good or for evil. There's nothing wrong with using it to defend oneself or others.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Paul
    1 year ago

Like anything else, a firearm can be used responsibly or irresponsibly. Using it to threaten others needlessly, to show off, to hold up a store, etc. is irresponsible. Storing it in a place where children (young or older) can have access to it is also irresponsible. Using it for target shooting, hunting, or as a means of defending your family in an extreme situation, is responsible.