What if I made a business and exclusively hired whites and didn't tell anyone I won't hire nonwhites, how could anyone stop me?

You can only get in trouble if you tell them you won't hire them cause they aren't white

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

first, someone would have to notice.... then they would have to investigate, usually by filing a lawsuit that would allow them or a third party to examine your hiring records for identifiable patterns of discrimination... if grounds are found you can be sued for crippling damages or the state could rescind your business license...

while your company might fly under the radar for years, in states like California there are whole law firms dedicated to investigating such companies with the specific intent of filing lucrative lawsuits against them... if you are big enough to pay fat checks to lawyers, you will probably get noticed at some point...

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That is not true. There can be complaints to Federal and State agencies by applicants, and civil lawsuits possible. It is your responsibility to justify when a complaint is filed, and businesses are licensed and there are courts of law and regulatory agencies. Also, most business owners want the best qualified employees regardless of their race, age, gender, etc. And, many businesses cater to a multi-cultural community and any hint of discrimination drives customers away.

The known continued existence of discrimination in some places inspires government agencies to make preference programs in their hiring favoring non-whites. Tough to complain when you are adding to a problem.

• A.J.
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Public business, government rules. And censorship is within the constraints of Freedom of Speech and accepting reactions.

• Cathy
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

yes

Michelle Obama would stop you

He hates racists

• 6 months ago

I'm sure that eventually someone would point it out to the NAACP and they would file a claim against the business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jerome
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Now you see why regulation is always needed.

Blacks born in America are the only ones who won't practice this.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'll keep your secret... for a price.

• 6 months ago

Good for you. About time we got some sense back

• 6 months ago

If you have a business and you only hire 10-20 people, it likely would pass unnoticed.

If you start involving others in the hiring process, information about your exclusiveness * will * get out and then you'd be in a world of hurt.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Many asian firms do that. They almost hire only asians.

Try applying for programmer job in some IT firm run by asians in California as a white person. You will not get the job.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

its already too late cause you already told everyone

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.