Can you be refuse to be handcuffed if you have a wrist injury?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

How about obeying the law and you won't be handcuffed.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Never say Never. Many innocents get rounded up in riots. So many they have to use flex cuffs( tie wraps.)

• 6 months ago

Absolutely. Will they listen ? No.

• 6 months ago

No, you can't refuse to be handcuffed if you have a wrist injury

If you refuse to do this then they will force you for this and you have to be handcuffed. but if you request cops to not to handcuff because of injury whatever you have there is a possibility that you can get rid off. for any legal query you can visit lawtendo website they will suggest you to how to tackle any legal query also arrange the best attorney for you

• 6 months ago

You can refuse anything, but you will still be place in cuffs.

Note: A wrist injury that doesn't require a cast IS NOT sufficient to be aggravated by handcuffs.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

A runny, pussy wound ; Yes. Cops have soft belts to hold, too/.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

All you can do is bring it to the officers attention. What happens next is up to him, not up to you. If there is visible sign of an injury, he may offer an alternative. I always carried a transport belt with me so I could cuff them up front.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You can refused to be handcuffed for any or no reason.

It's what happens next that's interesting.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You cannot refuse to be constrained, even if they have to wrap you up in a blanket and tie you up and carry you.

However, the policies vary by jurisdiction. For example, felony arrests in Los Angeles must be constrained. Unless the injury to your wrist is with a cast or wrist bandage, they will probably just get more determined.

The restraining of misdemeanor arrests is discretionary to the officer. They can choose other methods if they have them available. Refusing to comply to an officer raises their authority and a combative attitude even more so. Don't be in a situation to get arrested, especially with a wrist injury.

• 6 months ago

No. I don’t think so. You know how rude these cops are.

• jimmy
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

No, police don't give a sh*t about your hurt wrist, if you have a cast and they can't fit cuffs they'll use zip ties.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Not unless you want to be rewarded with a charge of resisting arrest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.